Thursday, October 6

Falling leaves



Disclaimer: Try to ignore the many random voices in my head reflected in the blog post

Yeah, I didn't go through with the 30 day challenge. What does that say about me?
not that your opinion matters.
Its October, (yeah genius, like nobody knew that) and its Autumn (really, are you really doing this?) and the first sight that greets me when I step out of my house is (not a half naked, balding potbellied neighbor putting up Halloween decorations, thank heavens, NOT that) brown-ness. Yes you heard me. Brown-ness. All the green leaves that gave outdoor that summer picturesqueness (and I don't care if that word was used in proper grammatical sense) look, lay on the floor. Brown. Dead and Dry
 Back to my neighbor, I kid you not, he already has Halloween skeletons and bloodied ghosts hanging in his driveway (why should a ghost be drenched in blood anyway? Aren't they translucent and transparent?
Anyway.
Brown. Dead and Dry.
That just makes me sad for absolutely no reason at all, don't even let me get started on how cranky I am.
Listening to Olu Maintain's Nawti and sipping orange juice in a wine glass, cos I am badass that's how I roll.

Any non alcohol drinker who sips juice in wine glasses? I'm talking about slow sips, twirling and sniffing like you are at a Sommelier wine tasting party? No?
Yeah me neither. I don't even know where that came from *looks away*
Juice break
12 minutes and a phone call later
Yes! I am back, and in a much better mood I must add.
To prove my point and to observe normal blogging protocol, I am going to put a picture that absolutely has no correlation to whatever the blog post is about

That's right.
My friend has been missing for a few days now. She suddenly disappeared off twitter, facebook, of course I didn't realize all these, until she disappeared off bbm. Like she literally just disappeared off my bbm contact list, then I realized she had deactivated her twitter AND facebook accounts (smart girl! i've always wanted to disappear like this too)
And then it hit me. Like Chris did RiRi, it hit me (Omg Sweetness, how low could you get? Really? Chris? RiRi? that was just so uncalled for, jeez)
Yeah, then it dawned on me, that I didn't know anything personal about this acquaintance of mine. Like of course, we talk about men, our jobs, places, movies all the time, but that was it. I knew she was a Sales Rep for some firm downtown, she went to the same college as me, she has a boyfriend she is having slight issues with, an ex who's proposal she was actually considering... I mean I knew the most intimate details of her life, yet we never bothered exchanging addresses, the Starbucks close to Ottawa University was such a convenient meeting spot. We don't have each other's phone numbers (why call when there's social networking right?) I don't know any member of her family or her friends and she doesn't know anybody on my side. We don't even have mutual friends on Facebook!
And the last I heard from her was
''I told him its ova... he is as crazy as f*ck. He hit me!!!''


That was 13 days ago, I shouldn't be worried right?
Especially since I know she's one to take spontaneous unplanned road trips out of town, or head to Las Vegas for a week... Her surname on Facebook is 'Amour' like: Real name Amour. Right
That's like calling myself sweetness on Facebook, my point is I dont even know her full name

Which leads me to the question, How many SNF's have you got? Social Networking Friends. You met online on blogger or twitter, after a few weeks comments, posts, tweets and retweets strengthened the bond. A month later Bbm pins, yahoo, MSN chat rooms made keeping in touch easier (Speaking of which, does anyone actually use yahoo messenger anymore?) Skype on weekends completed the symphony. But if all of these Social networking platforms were to be taken away from you, that friendship would disappear along with it.
How many? Do let me know in the comment section, as I proceed to get mailing addresses and home phone numbers of my SNFs. I kid, I kid!
Or am I?


But really no body sips apple juice in a wine glass???
Its been real guys! Have an awesome weekend! x


Still going to publish the post anyway, even though editing the 1st part where I was ranting seems like a very good idea. Ah! but oh well

13 comments:

Blahblaholic ♥ © said...

Hahahaha.
I absolutely LOVED the randomness of this post! :D
When I was a kid, about 9-10, I used to drink water in nice glasses and pretend I was tasting wine :)) Hahaha.
I hope that friend of yours is fine :-s
Take care!!
xx

sweetness said...

Aha! I knew i wasn't alone on that, ill drink to that, cheers *clinks wineglasses* yeah I do hope so too, thanks :) x

gretel said...

cheiii...see my blogger twin,where have you been?? I missed you and yea I actually drink juice in wine glasses though I gulp it down...hmm,I feel this post and even though I might do nothing about it,I just might sha...I hope your friend is safe and fine and there's somebody that'll def know where she is,just ask. *huggs*

Myne Whitman said...

MIA, well you're a SNF and since August, I'be hoping you were OK, lol. Hope your friend is OK too.

:( Welcome to Fall.

Okeoghene said...

Loved the randomness and I also have some neighbors who have put up Halloween decorations and I am like seriously? Maybe your freind is just taking a break from it all

Anonymous said...

Hey hun how far, just saw your comment. My phone fell into the toilet. I accepted your request & it refused to accept oh. Send me your pin let me try addin you instead. B (don't publish this o lol)

CHULALA said...

you posted some amazing
pictures and great post n blog bdw come by n check awt my fashion blog n lets follow each other lyk twitter :)

Chuchu-chulala.blogspot.com

doll said...

i have some of those kind of friends o!

Off to know them better

P.S i [pray your friend is alright

Rebirth said...

Hope you found your SNF..... this post just made me realise i have a few friends like that....off to get their phone numbers...

BSNC said...

I have a few of those friends. Still getting to know them though. Hope your friend or is it associate is okay.

Utah graphic design said...

Despite that some of the subjects are not really interconnected yet you managed to write a good post. This post of yours is so interesting and funny too especially the baked goodies there. :)

portfolio optimization said...

It is undeniable that technology changes the way we communicate and that is a huge for someone whom their family are living miles away, but the lowdown is that this chatting medium had gradually decreased our desire to see and reach out for others for real.

negi said...

Good afternoon,if you wanted to get all the answers of cbse ncert books then logon to http://www.kidsfront.com/